The first ISO Certified Catholic School in Region III
Setting the Pace! Onward Marians to Global Excellence!
A high-quality education is one of the most important things that we can provide a child. Exposure to a variety of topics, people, and adventures all contribute to a fulfilling school experience.
This web site is a terrific way to access the information you need about our school, as well as serving as an educational resource. Whether you're currently enrolled or just curious about what we have to offer, you're sure to find a wealth of helpful information.
The members of the entire community of St. Mary's College envision to form graduates as educated Christians committed to live the Marian-Ignacian spirituality and imbued with a deep sense of service as they uphold the Filipino cultural heritage.
By: Daniela Ricabelle Lacsamana (Marian Bulletin)
St. Mary’s College of Meycauayan has produced alumni who are now in the religious groups, priest, nuns and even bishops. And now the institution is proud of the Marians who continued to live for what they had learned in SMCM, making this would be their biggest dream and fulfillment in life, to serve our God Almighty. SMCM helped the Marians to build the foundation in faith and service and leave a legacy that would be marked in our hearts. Here are the top ten information about an alumnus of SMCM who had been in the Catholic Church for several years and been appointed as the Bishop of Kalookan. Ponder on how Bishop Iniguez made it this far and how he became the tough, true and compassionate church leader.
1. He was born December 10, 1940 making him a Sagittarian. Being one he is optimistic and freedom loving and has good sense of humor. He is also intelligent. He has the tendency to be straightforward and honest.
2. He is a Marian. He had his secondary at then St. Mary’s Academy. Like all of us, he then once sang our school hymn and wore same uniform.
3. He is also a Thomasian. He graduated at the University of Santo Tomas with a degree in bachelor in Secondary Education finishing his course in 1968.
4. He was a professor. He taught and later became a rector of Immaculate Conception Seminary from 1964-1985.
5. He is the bishop of Caloocan but before that he was a parish priest in Calumpit and National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima.
6. He is the CBCP chairman on Commissions on Ecumenism which led him became the Apostolic Visitator of High School Seminaries in the Philippines.
7. He is an Uncle. He is no less that the Uncle of champion speller, Gabriel Iniguez whose achievements and quests in BULPRISA gave pride not only to their family but to their Alma Mater, St. Mary’s College of Meycauayan.
8. He values the essence of SOLID FOUNDATION. It is the stand he mentioned in an interview by Boy Abunda regarding the controversial RH bill stating that no matter what people say and how people stand regarding Reproductive Health Bill, it is their solid formation and foundation that will help them decide what should be done right especially in the eyes of God.
9. He is an alumnus who is very much available everytime his alma mater invites him especially during foundation day celebration. It only shows humility and Gratefulness that each Marian must emulate no matter how big they will become.
10. He is an epitome of Legacy. His footstep later on will be followed by those he touched and inspired. He is a humble servant of God and in the end it is all that matters.